I have wanted to do a recipe with red pears for a while now. I happened to have found them on sale and just had to bring them home for a homemade brainstorm recipe. So, I searched my kitchen for ingredients to add and literally came up with this recipe 10 minutes before I filmed it for my YouTube channel. The aroma of pears, lemons, oranges and spices all baking in the oven was enough to get my mouth-watering. Let me know if you make it and enjoyed it. Pictures of your finished product are always welcomed. A printable version of this recipe and a video can be found at the bottom of post.
Sweet and Sour Baked Red Pears
5 Red Pears cut in half
Bitter Sweet Orange Marmalade
- Preheat oven at 350
- Fill your baking dish with an 1 1/2 inches of water
- Cut your red pears in half and core. Cut the lemons and orange into slices.
- Place your halved red pears into the baking dish and add coconut oil and bitter sweet marmalade into the cored out part. Sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg across the tops of the red pears.
- Layer each red pear with a lemon and orange. Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place into oven for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Serve with ice cream or whip cream.
Can be served hot or cold. I usually serve it hot with vanilla bean ice cream.
Watch Me Make This:
YouTube automatically depreciates video quality. To watch my videos in 1080p HD click the settings button on the bottom right of the video. Then click “Quality” to choose the video quality you prefer to watch in.